1. Lack of Mulch — the playground is bare in many places and insufficient in mulch in the rest. A minimum of 12 inches of mulch should be present around the taller pieces of equipment.
2. Retaining walls collapsing:
3. Dangerous steps — bolts exposed, mulch not level with railroad ties … or is this a challenging balance beam exercise station?:
4. Drainage problems:
5. Deteriorating retaining rock wall:
6. Tree roots — large roots exposed that kids trip on:
7. Teachers’ view of playground blocked by Climbing Wall:
8. Overgrown landscaping (including prickly Japanese Bayberry plants):